Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sweet Potatoes, Salsa, and Chowder



Ruby took it upon herself to feed Dempsey her Sweet Potatoes. She actually did a pretty good job.

Brian made some delicious salsa, it is the first time he has ever made it and it is awesome. Of course I have come to expect this kind of culinary excellence from him because of his track record.

A while back, I caught Gwen putting honey on tortilla chips. I witheld my initial reaction of disgust and said "Wow Gwen, that is SO great that you are trying new things, I'm really proud of you!" Which turned out to be a good thing to say, because I wanted her to try Brian's salsa and I said, "Remember how you are trying new things." And so she tried it, and she promptly spit it out.

Poor Dempsey happened to be crawling under Gwen's chair when the spitting out occurred.






We've spoken of Sweet Potatoes, Salsa, and lastly, here is Chowder. This is our new dog. He is a Boston Terrier/Pug mix. (Chowder---Boston, get it?) I think he is a tinge ugly, and Brian thinks he is cute. Which is quite alarming, since Brian also thinks that I am cute.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elise said...

Maren. You make me laugh. I love reading your posts. What happened to "Taco?" Do you have two now?

Tanya said...

Awesome you have a blog! What about Rocco?

Kathleen said...

cute post...and my uncle is so way into pugs that he would just love chowder. good humor. and, kudos to gwen for at least TRYING something new!

Krystle Ricks said...

Alright. Just so you know, I think pugs are ugly... and I think you are beautiful! I just thought you would like some reassurance after that Brian comment! haha!