Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sack-o-Potato Face

I think part of my problem with blogging is that I feel like I have to upload pictures with each post and that just seems like a lot of time--so I'm going to try one without pictures and see if the people are okay with that.

Sack-o-Potato Face showed up shortly after my first daughter was born. After several nearly-sleepless nights (a never before occurence, I am a famously good sleeper), I woke up one morning, went into the bathroom and saw a frightening sight . . . SACK-O-POTATO FACE! You can imagine how my terror quadrupled when I realized that the face I was looking at was not some paranormal psychotic being come to chop me to bits, but was actually MY OWN FACE! Yes, my own face in the mirror was so puffy and mangled from sleep deprivation that it looked like a plane of shapeless lumps with some eyes.

Sack-o-Potato Face does not visit too often anymore, but I find that when it does, I rely on the good people of Revlon, Maybelline, and Cover Girl to work their magic. Usually I can get a mouth, cheeks, and nose to appear along with the eyes, terror subsides, and I can be out in society.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh, maren--you are too funny! i would've liked a picture of sack-o-potatoes face though :-). i can totally relate!

Williamson's said...

The things we let our bodies go through for the kiddos!! Don't worry you are not alone in the sack-o-potatoes face, I have one every morning.

Audrey said...

This entry really needs a picture...:)